Posted on June 3, 2017
3-4 C chopped cabbage & green salad mix 10 oz rice noodles 3-4 tbsp tamari 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar) lime juice 1/2 tsp minced garlic 1/4 C chopped green onion or chives 2-3 tbsp chopped nuts 1 tbsp chili pepper sauce 2 tsp coconut oil 1 tsp sesame or avocado oil (optional)
dash of black pepper red pepper flakes
*Optional topping sliced grilled peppered steak strips or any other protein desired.
1) Cook your rice noodles according to instructions. Usually takes around 10 minutes or less. After cooked, place in a bowl and add in 1 tsp coconut oil, pepper, salt, and your 1 tbsp chili pepper. Mix and place in fridge to cool. For best flavor and resistant starch, let it sit for at least an hour.
2) After it’s cooled, toss your noodles with the rest of your ingredients. You can slightly sautee or steam your cabbage salad first or leave it raw. Mix with you nuts, tamari, onion, vinegar, and garlic. Add more pepper and sesame oil if desired.
3) Toss in bowl and squeeze fresh lime juice on top. Add red pepper flakes for extra spice!
4) Serve or keep in fridge for when ready.
5) If you want to cook the steak, just slice a 6 oz steak into strips, add black pepper and avocado oil to a pan and sear each side until medium done. Probably around 8 -10 minutes on medium high heat. You can slice the meat before if it’s easier.
Takes about 30 min. total