Posted on February 6, 2013
1. Lose Weight Without Starving: The Chia Seed is a dieter’s dream come true. The tiny, healthy seeds can be made to taste like whatever you want, and their unique gelling action keeps you feeling full for hours, without adding calories
2. Balance Blood Sugar: Blood sugar may spike after meals, especially if you eat high-starchy foods or sweets. This can lead to ‘slumps’ in your day where you feel tired and out of energy. By balancing your blood sugar, you also ensure steady, constant energy throughout your day.
3. Help Prevent Diverticulitis / Diverticulosis: With the abundance of over-processed foods and white flour on the market today, rich sources of fiber are harder to come by. These foods of convenience have contributed to the rise of diverticulitis. To help ensure regularity, you need plenty of soluble and insoluble fiber in your diet. Each seed is coated with soluble fibers, which aid its gelling action. The exterior of the seed is protected by insoluble fiber.
4. Add healthy omega-3 oil to your diet: Omega-3 oil is usually thought of as “that healthy stuff in fish”. But, what if you don’t want to eat fish every day, or you’re a vegetarian. Chia is the richest plant-source of this healthy oil. By weight, chia contains more omega 3 than salmon, and it still tastes like whatever you want!
5. Feel more energized all day long: Your energy levels have a lot to do with what you eat, and don’t eat. Chia is one of nature’s highest plant-based sources of complete protein. The combination of complete protein, vitamins, minerals and blood-sugar balancing gel, all work together to make sure you have steady, and not jittery energy.
6. Bake with less fat: Chia gel can substitute for half the butter in most recipes! The food will bake the same and taste the same. The anti-oxidants in chia can even help keep the food tasting fresh longer.
7. Add age-defying anti-oxidants: You know that blueberries and several exotic fruits (that aren’t always in season) have them, but did you know that chia is extremely high in anti-oxidants too? These helpful substances are what make the Chia Seed stay fresh for so long. At room temperature, they’ll stay fresh and ready to eat for over two whole years! This amazing ability is not found in other seeds like flax or sesame, because those seeds don’t have the same rich anti-oxidant content.
8. Cut cravings for food: Being deficient in minerals or vitamins can create a craving for food. For example, if you’re low on calcium, you may feel compelled to eat lots of cheese and ice cream. You can always add calcium to your diet by sprinkling on chia seeds. By weight, it has more calcium than whole milk. It also has magnesium and boron, essential trace minerals used in the absorption of calcium and other vitamins.
9. You can pack in more flavorful punch: How can a seed with NO flavor help the foods you already like to taste better? First, because they have no taste of their own, chia seeds will never cover up or add to the flavor of your food. Second, when the seeds hydrate, they magnify the taste of whatever they were added to. They distribute and never dilute, the flavors you love.
10. Save your money: Why should eating less cost you more? You already know diet pills are expensive, and ‘box meal plans’ can run up to $500.00 a month. If you’re buying ‘calorie counting packs’ or other individual portions in the store, you can also end up paying more because more preparation and materials go into these foods. More than enough chia for 1 month costs less than a dollar a day. You can use as much or as little as you want to achieve your own desired results. They’re always safe and 100% chemical free.